Baton Rouge Child Photography
This past month I have been a horrible business owner and photographer. I have sucked, royally. I messed up orders, I returned galleries late, I missed calls and never even called back. I forgot about sessions that were on the calendar. Any and every way that I could have mucked it up, I did a real fine job of mucking.
And I hate this because I love, love, love my clients. I hate to think that my clients for a second don’t feel properly cared for. As a business owner I should do things on time, I should order the right products, I should make every scheduled appointment. You deserve all of this and more.
The thing is…. I’m sorry for my mistakes and I’m sorry they caused inconveniences and extra pain in your life that you didn’t need…. But, I also have to tell you that I don’t regret it.
Why? Because instead of editing sessions like I should have, I was hugging my daughter and dispelling her darkest fears. Instead of answering emails at night I was staying up reading book after book about how to help my daughter. Instead of ordering your beautiful canvas I was running around town going from one place to another trying to keep my daughter’s life as normal and unaffected as possible.
You see, my daughter and I went through a very tough time toward the end of November. I like to be a private and reserved person, so I won’t share the made-for-TV-worthy-drama. I’ll simply say that we are now living alone and we are healing as best we can from years of pain. We are starting a new life filled with freedom, adventure, and infinite possibilities! It’s very exciting and very scary at the same time.
So please accept my deepest apologies if I messed up your order/session/timeline. I am looking forward to a new year filled with great things and wonderful people. I am also committing to improving my customer service and learning from these recent mishaps. If you will have me, I would love to continue to photograph your family and I am offering a “New Year, New Leaf” deal… During the months of January and February I would be happy to photograph your child or family (free of charge) as my way of saying “I’m sorry” and also as I hone the gears in my new customer service process.
The catch is that I am only offering this to previous clients and to anyone referred directly from a previous client. If you have been a client of mine with a full session anytime in the past (not mini session) then you are entitled to this free session. You can also refer friends for their own free session. Any friend that mentions your name during booking will receive the deal.
This will be good for sessions booked during the week (sorry no weekends) for January and February. You will receive one 11×14 print that you select at your ordering session. Any digital images, canvases, albums, etc that you would like to purchase will be additional, but there is also no obligation to purchase. This only applies to new bookings, sessions already booked in the past not included.
Coming to our Christmas Mini-Sessions November 7-8th? We still have a couple spots left if you haven’t already booked!
I often get asked what color or style of outfit would look best with out backdrop, so this year I have created some style board specially for this year’s Christmas Mini Session Backdrop. This year the backdrop will be white/cream with twinkle lights and there will be pale colored presents as props. With this kind of light colored backdrop there are 2 color options that I think work well. You can choose to stay in the same light color tone and go with a pale grey, cream, blue to keep with a wintery snowy look. Or, you could go in the opposite direction with a strong pop of color (red being my favorite for christmas) that contrasts against the pale backdrop. Both photograph beautifully!
Here are a few more clothing tips to get the best images this Christmas:
– No shoes? No problem! Baby feet are so cute that they look perfect as is when photographed. Even for older children, bare feet can be very innocent and classic. So don’t stress over shoes if you don’t find the perfect match for your outfit.
– Fit is most important. Try on the outfit a few days before the session to make sure it fits well. Clothing that are too big will look like you little one is swimming in their clothes, and clothing that is too tight can make for uncomfortable and unhappy campers.
– Christmas PJs! Christmas Pajamas are a great option for x-mas photos! They look super cute and are often more authentically Christmas.
– Have siblings? Try coordinating the colors of their outfits without matching exactly. Let each child’s personality shine in their own individual outfit.
Check out our What to Wear Pintrest Board for more details about each outfit and where it is sold.
This year I am doing something special with Christmas Mini Sessions. I will still have the usual mini sessions for the kiddos, but I am also having family mini sessions available. Here are the details:
Individual Christmas Mini Sessions:
- Held November 7th & 8th only!
- 15 minute session for baby/child
- Indoor with Christmas themed backdrop setup
- 2 images emailed to you
- additional prints and more digital images available
- need to add on siblings? each extra sibling is an extra $10 and you will get an extra digital image. (Usually 1 image of all siblings together, and then 1 image of each individual)
- Book Here!
Family Christmas Mini Sessions:
- Dates are more flexible (week of Nov 10-14) after work times available.
- 30 minute session for family (will include some individual shots of each child and some of all together)
- Can be indoor or outdoor in our field behind the studio
- includes 10 digital images
- includes 11×14 print
- additional prints, albums, and Christmas cards available
- Book Here!
- Want both? Book both sessions and get the individual mini session for half price ($270 for both). Email me to get your discount.
- Existing PhotoBella Photography clients that have had a full paid session (newborn, baby, baby plan, etc) in the past will receive additional digital images with any mini-session.
PLUS a contest!
Like and share our facebook post about the Christmas mini sessions for a chance to win a free mini session! I will give away one free individual mini session. AND if we get the PhotoBella Photography facebook likes to over 500, I will also give away a free family mini session!
Shore Sessions in Orange Beach/Gulf Shores, Alabama coming up July 16th – 19th! Only 4 spots available!
Session fee is $150 and maternity, family, baby, or child sessions available.