One of the questions I get asked a lot about maternity sessions is, “what should I wear??” Here is a simple guide to make picking your clothes for your own maternity session a breeze.
First, a few pointers:
1. I recommend a solid color. Patterns on an outfit can often look too busy in a photograph, so the simpler the better.
2. My favorite is a dress because I think it shows off the belly best :)
3. Whatever you wear, make sure it hugs your belly and isn’t too baggy. This is not the time to hide your belly, show it off!
1. Maternity Kimono Maxi Dress from Target : I love these long and flow-y type dresses. I also love the way it has an empire waist line. That helps show off the belly. As far as color, pick a color that looks best on YOU. Everyone’s best color will be different. I love this wine color that reminds me of fall, but go with a color that really makes you feel beautiful :)
2. Maternity3/4-Sleeve Tunic Dress from Target : I love the color of this dress. I would personally wear it with some tan/khaki leggings and brown boots (during winter) or maybe some flats (during spring).
3. Maternity Short-Sleeve Belted Knit Dress from Target : I like the small cute belt that sits right above the belly and also the way the fabric has a cross over that draws attention to the belly (in a good way). During the winter months this dress could be paired with some leggings and a cardigan to keep warm and still look great.
4. 3/4 Sleeve Super Soft Maternity Dress from Pea in the Pod : The fact that this dress has the words “Super Soft” in it’s name makes me automatically love this dress. I like how it is fitted and hugs the belly. It’s also a great choice for the colder weather. I also love how they paired it with black boots.
5. Elbow Sleeve Embellished Maternity Dress from Pea in the Pod : I think this is my absolute favorite :) I love the small details that give the dress something special. I also like how the tie gives it the empire waist line to show off the belly. This is such a soft and romantic color that I can already imagine the beautiful photos that could result!
There are only a few spots left for the Friday, February 8th for a 30 minute outdoor mini-maternity sessions. Contact me now to save one of those spots.